7 Web Design Elements That Will Contribute to Your Website Success
Your web design elements will affect your website success. This is the truth and you can’t neglect this truth. No matter how great your content, if your design is not pleasing to the eyes, people won’t be willing to read your content. Thus, you will lose your traffic if you create a website with bad design. Design doesn’t always mean with your layout but also matters the concept of your logo.
Each region of your website holds a strong role in devoting the success of your web design. Although this article will emphasize on the web design elements, it doesn’t mean that it is the only important point that will give favorable outcomes for your site. Here are seven most important web design elements that will contribute success to your website!
WEB DESIGN ELEMENTS THAT WILL CONTRIBUTE WEBSITE SUCCESS
1. Content Area
The most important part of your website is your website content. Therefore, you need to expose this important part in the best way. The content area in your website design will contribute a significant part in your website success.
- If you can make the content area clean and comfortable for reading, you will be able to attract more readers to your website. On the contrary, if the content area is cluttered with advertisements, people will be hesitant to read your content, and as a result, your website traffic will drop.
Your website navigation is another part of your web design that your visitors will use a lot. In order to read your content, they will navigate your website using the website navigation that you provide to them. That’s why it is important to keep your navigation as easy as possible.
- Your website must be easy to navigate to keep your visitors engaged with it. Also, proper categorization is important to avoid your visitors to become confused in searching relevant content in your website.
3. Images to Support Content
Most webmasters don’t bother with images for their website content. But, in reality it can make your website more pleasing to read. When you put relevant and interesting images in your website content, people will be willing to read your content. However, you can’t just place any image in your content.
- The image that you place inside your content must be relevant with your content, and it should be able to support your content in a positive way. The image should also be able to become a graphical representation of your content.
4. Website Logo
Your website logo is important for branding purpose. Let’s take a look at Google. The Google’s logo is apparent in the homepage, and it gives strong branding for the website. It’s the same with many other popular websites such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, etc. They use attractive logo to brand their website. To make your logo scalable it is always recommended to create a vector file of it rather than creating psd file.
The logo of your website should be able to make your website stand out from the crowd. It should be able to introduce your brand to your audience. It should be placed in a strategic place, with a professional design. Your logo should be able to make people to easily remember your website.
5. Overall Layout
The best website is a website that has simple layout. Simple layout means it only has few main areas in it, such as header, content, sidebar, and footer. Any complicated layout will only clutter your website, and make your website look unprofessional. Also, complicated layout will tend to make your website look more amateurish. People will be more willing to spend their time on your website if your website has simple layout.
6. Font-Color Combination
Other aspects that are important for your website are font and colour combination. Font will help your visitors to read your content more comfortably, while a good and pleasant colour combination will give a professional and clean look for your website. If you are using strong colours, your visitors will not be able to withstand the pain of reading your website.
- If you’re using irregular font, people will not be able to read your content smoothly. Thus, the right font and colour combination will make your website more comfortable to read.
7. SEO or Internal Coding
Web design can be made search engine friendly or not. It depends on the coding of the design itself. A professional web designer will code his website design with coding that is SEO-friendly. Your website design should be able to help your content to get indexed by the search engine quickly.
- Do not put unnecessary codes in your web design that will only block the search engine spiders from reaching your content. If you have an SEO-friendly website design, you will be able to attract more organic traffic to your website.
Those were the 7 web design elements that will contribute to your website success. When building a website, you have to keep in mind the elements of website design above, because they can significantly affect your website success later.
Sathishkumar Varatharajan is an Internet Marketer from Salem, experienced in helping businesses to achieve their goals in a cost effective way. He launched Kudo Metrics and Guest Post Services in an effort to help all the small and medium sized businesses to achieve their targets and increase their profits.