Google+ Tricks, Shortcuts and Hotkeys – The Cheat Sheet
First it was the Age of Orkut, then came the Era of Facebook and now it’s the Evolution of Google+ which is now trending utmost among the Social Media. Google+ aims to make sharing on the web more like sharing in real life. The craze of doing +1 to a post or picture is increasing with the addition of new users daily.
Sources say, Google+ has hit 150 million Active Users, Jumps to the number three spot in the world of social networking. There have been a few things that have happened with Google+ that could explain the meteoric takeoff. YouTube and Google+ became more integrated, for one. YouTube got the Google+ hangouts feature, and Google+ got the YouTube search feature built onto the main stream page. Now as more users are using Google+, they should be aware of everything, also some Shortcuts and Formatting Options for better & quicker access. Some of the keys you must be knowing but most of it, you won’t be knowing So have a look.
STREAMING AND SHARING
People who have added you to their circles and people who are not in your circles also can see this post.
People’s whom you have added in your circles can see this post unless and until it’s shared.
People in your circles and everyone in their circles can see this post.
Add your family members into this circle and share your personal life pictures along with them only.
Represents your friendship with someone whom you haven’t met. Share your posts carefully with them.
People especially Celebs, Sportsperson, Actors, Actresses, whom you’re following can see this post.
Each and everybody in all of your circles can see this post.
TEXT FORMATTING TRICKS
*Text* – Use the symbol * (Asterisk) to denote the beginning and end of Bold text. E.g. *This excerpt will appear bold in Google+ !*
_Text_ – Use the symbol _ (Underscore) to denote the beginning and end of Italics text. E.g. _This excerpt will appear Italics in Google+ !_
-Text- – Use the symbol – (Hyphen) to denote the beginning and end of
Strike-through Text. E.g. - This excerpt will appear Strikeout in Google+ !-
SHORTCUTS AND HOTKEYS
Space = Scroll down Stream by regular intervals
Shift+Space = Scroll up Stream by regular intervals
Enter = When a Stream update is selected Enter moves your cursor to the Comment Box
Enter + Tab = Submits your comment
J = Single Post Down Scroll
K = Single Post Up Scroll
Q = Jumps to Chat
QQ = Moves Cursor to the Search Box in the ‘Chat’ Section
BASIC TIPS AND TRICKS
- You can add your Photos, Videos or Links to your posts by simply dragging them into your share box.
- Circles are like following people on Twitter. People do not have to follow you. It’s like you click on ‘Send Friend Request’ to someone on Facebook and he/she gets added to your Friend List without any approval. (This was an explanatory illustration)
- You can mention or tag people in your posts by adding @ or + sign before/infront of their names.
- Send private messages to people by only sharing your post with them. And for that you have to disable reshare.
- Click the time stamp on a post and it will display that post with it’s permalink, which you can use as an external link for sharing on other Social Media’s. Or simply click on the upper right arrow on a post and choose ‘Link to this Post’ and copy the link.
- To prevent people from sharing your post, click the arrow at the top right of the post and choose ‘Lock this Post’.
- Clicking the +1 button on a post is same as ‘Like’ on Facebook. Clicking the +1 button again will remove your +1 from the post.
- Using +1 on a post will not list the post on your +1 page. Using the +1 on the web will do so. It helps in good page ranking of your site or blog.
All the above tips and tricks together constitute the Google+ Cheat Sheet. I’m sure some of you might be knowing all of these but still also, it’s a helping hand for all the newbies that have joined now and the ones that are willing to join tomorrow or in the upcoming days of future.