How to Synchronize Browser Tabs to Save and Restore Sessions
You might have been surely a victim of your system’s halt due to which your computer gets dumped and restarted of a sudden; which results in the loss of your current work. Indeed if you’re using Chrome/Firefox then your session gets restored as it’s processes were terminated suddenly. But sometimes by mistakenly also you would have closed your browser which had active tabs and unfortunately you can’t get them back again as it was a manual shut.
You can undo a recently closed tab if you closed it mistakenly, by clicking on a tab and selecting, “Reopen/Undo Closed Tab“. But what about your sessions ? Many-a-times in a hurry state you must have closed rapidly your browser window while closing your explorer or media player or any other application. This situation really makes us feel pity due to a silly click made by us.
Check out how you can Synchronize Browser Tabs of Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox, Save and Restore your session over time and across multiple computers. All you need is to have a Gmail account and a short installation
The extension we need is TabCloud. Tab Cloud allows you to save any window session and restore it at a later date or on another computer. Effectively allowing you to sync open tabs between multiple computers.
1. Open your browser (Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox) and Download the TabCloud Extension from below for your respective browsers.
2. Install the extension and Click on the TabCloud Icon from the extensions bar to activate it by logging in to your Gmail account as all your bookmarks and tabs are synced into it.
3. Now if you have many tabs opened and want to continue your work later then click on the TabCloud Icon, you’ll find the icons of the sites that are opened on the tabs. Click on ‘Click to name‘ your window. Give any name and save it.
4. You can close your browser now. Next time whenever you open your browser you resume your work which you’ve saved before. For that click on the Icon again and you’ll find your Window name and a green colored ‘+‘ icon like this . Click on it to restore all your saved sessions and you can start your work again!
5. Same steps applies for Firefox also. Simply Download, Install, Save and Restore! Done
To use you simply click the TabCloud icon on the menu, you will then see your current open windows and previously saved windows, you can save open windows, or restore saved ones. You can also delete previously saved windows. You can middle click on any tab icon to open just that single tab.