Someday, Sometime you would have surely awaited to send a mail urgently to someone but due to poor connectivity or server down or power cut you couldn’t make it in time. That moment is really very awful to yourself. The mail could have been anything very important like urgent office presentations, documents, pictures, videos etc. So it would be better if we set reminders about the urgent mails so that we can send them in time. But when you’re on time, it is not always that the situation supports you. You may get a power cut or network down and alas you still couldn’t make it!
What you need is a helping hand which will help you setting reminders and schedule your mails to be sent or returned at a later date. Meet your friend, Boomerang which will do exactly the same as mentioned above. Check out how to schedule Emails in Gmail using Boomerang.
Boomerang allows you to schedule messages to be sent or returned at a later date. Write a message now, send it whenever, even if you’re not online. Track messages to make sure you hear back, and schedule reminders right inside Gmail. Boomerang for Gmail is a Firefox/Chrome/Safari plugin that lets you take control of when you send and receive email messages.
The service allows you to schedule emails to automatically send in the future, so you can write an email now, and the service will send it tomorrow morning at 6 AM, or next week while you’re at the beach, without you needing to be online. It also helps you to postpone incoming emails, by making them disappear from your inbox into a folder or label, then bringing them back to the top of the message list at the specified time. It helps you keep your inbox clean, without losing track of important messages. Boomerang is also the only reminder service that can alert you if you do not get a reply to a message.
Have a look below for a preview and the installation procedure
▸ Scheduling birthday emails
▸ Project management
▸ Remembering to pay bills
▸ Making sure you follow up with a sales lead, and that they replied to you
▸ Communicating with people in different time zones
▸ Managing travel confirmation emails, returning them on the day of your trip
1. Download Boomerang Extension for your respective browser from below.
2. Allow permission to install it and then refresh your page in Chrome or restart your Firefox/Safari for the extension to be activated.
3. Login into your Gmail Account and you will see a Boomerang link in the top-right corner of your Gmail screen, next to the search bar.
4. Go to your Inbox and read any mail, you can find a Boomerang button.
This feature allows to you revert back the message and receive it on the day you want. For example you boomeranged a mail to 1 hour, then the mail will be gone and after an hour you will receive the same mail again. It’s like knowing the unknown mail which is yet to come After you do so, you will be notified that the message will return to you on the same day, exactly after one hour.
5. Now go to Compose Mail and you will find a “Send Later” button just next to the Send button. With this you can schedule your mail to 1 hour, 2 hour, 4 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks and so on. The best part is that the message will be sent automatically on the due date even if you are not online. You can schedule it on a specific time also and can boomerang the message if someone replies or you don’t hear back for days, weeks or months.
Now you don’t need to bother even if you’re out of town or have a network fail. Just be sure that you have composed the mail earlier and scheduled it to the date on which it has to be sent. Some of you might be using this before but as you know, in the crowd of 1000, there are 900′s who don’t known about something where as the rest knows. It’s for them.