Have you ever tried of taking a screenshot of Windows 7 Logon Screen by pressing ‘Alt+PrtSc’ ? Well that doesn’t works obviously, as you move out of the windows explorer when you lock your computer. And at that time such functions won’t work and even if you print screen and log in to your computer and paste on any image editor then you’ll find the very last image which you have copied before gets pasted or even sometimes no paste option is available ! You can try yourself, PrintScreen + Ms Paint Combo = No Result.
So I’m going to introduce a small tweak which can capture your logon screen image by clicking the Ease of Access button! Remember ? The small button at your logon screen, just at the left-bottom corner ? Yes, you can take HQ Bitmap Screenshot’s using the ease button. Check out how.
1. By default the Ease of Access button launches the Ease of Access Center which includes Quick Access to Common tools i.e. Magnifier, Narrator, On-Screen Keyboard, High Contrast Setup and other tools.
Now we need to change this option with a small tweak called ‘Utilmax.exe‘ which will change the function of the Ease Button to save the screenshot of the current screen.
Download it from here Windows_7_Logon_Screen_Capture_Utilman (1153)
2. After downloading, extract it to a new folder. Go to your windows location to the system 32 folder i.e. C:\Windows\System32\
3. Search for the file named as utilman.exe
4. Using Administrator permissions, change the file name to “utilman_backup.exe”
5. Now copy the downloaded file, utilman.exe to the folder C:\Windows\System32\ and close the window.
6. Press “Win+L” to lock your computer and then click on the Ease of Access button at the bottom left corner. Done ! A window will open asking you to save the Bitmap (.bmp) Image, save it and your screenshot is ready.
If you want to restore the original settings back, then simply delete the new utilman.exe from that folder location and rename the utilman_backup.exe file, back to utilman.exe ! Cheers.