Pinterest – Get Free Invitations and Learn To Pin
Basically the first question arises, What is Pinterest ? You can mark the word, it itself shows the composition of two words – ‘Pin+Interest‘ i.e. Pin Your Interest. “Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.”, says the About Section at it’s official site. It mainly aims to connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting.
Now-a-days, New Social Media sites (you can classify this one too as one of them) are getting on the verge to connect all the people across the globe, letting them know each other’s social aspects, their nature of thoughts, their skills, their passions, knowings, creativity, mindsets and globally exchanging ideas for the better being in every possible way. Pinterest allows you to browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. But in order to sign up for it you have to request an invite which will be time taking for you. So I’m here giving you Free Invitations to Join Pinterest and a detailed procedure explaining about the sign up and the learning about pinning.
How to Get an Invite ?
Kindly leave a comment below with a post that ‘You want an Invitation to Join Pinterest‘. No need to put up your Email ID in the post. I’m recommending it for your safe side. Just write down your Name and E-Mail ID in the Space Provided and I’ll simply send you an invite at your mailbox!
Sign Up Procedure – Understanding Pinterest - Learning to Pin
Now after you get an invite from me, here are the things that you need to do
1. Click on the invitation link that you have got in your mail. It will open the Pinterest Sign Up window. Well you got to have a Facebook/Twitter account (I know almost everyone has it) for this as you can only sign up using these two social media’s which you can unlink from your account later.
2. Next you have to create an username for your account which will be live at http://pinterest.com/Username and provide your username and password.
3. Your account has been created, Now it’s time for adding some of your interests so that you can be suggested a list of people to follow.
4. After clicking Follow People, Pinterest will search people that shares your taste and will create a list of people categorized as per your likes and interests and will automatically follow them. It will also search your Facebook/Twitter friends who have already signed up for it and will make you follow them.
5. Now click on ‘Create Boards’. This will take you to the next step to create pinboards. They are similar to the wall of Facebook where you can dedicate one board to each an interest of yours like – Books Worth Reading, Photography, Dream Car, Blogging, Computer Tips & Tricks etc. In short Pinboards are visual collections of things you love that covers your areas of interests.
6. Done. The final step is to Add a ‘Pin it‘ button to your bookmarks toolbar so you can grab an image from any website and add it to one of your pinboards. Simply drag the button to the toolbar and click upon it once to activate it.
7. Simply click on ‘Start Pinning’ to Repin, Like or Comment to the Posts/Articles Pinned by your friends and the ones your follow. Here is how your Pinterest Dashboard will look-a-like
8. Now head over to any website and if you find any images or posts that coincides with your interests then click on ‘Pin it‘ bookmark icon from the toolbar and wait for the pins being processed. Click on your suitable topic and create a pin with a description. Later on you can see your pin and tweet about it.
There are also many Pinterest Goodies available for your personal use like it’s iPhone App, Follow & Pin it Button for Websites/Blogs etc. You can check out the stuffs from here.