One of the most crucial way of promoting your blog or bringing a lot of traffic is through Social Media. Within which, Facebook holds the record of the most number active users, i.e. around 500 Million+ Users. Again for promotion what you need is a Facebook Page which can be placed at your blog to get likes. As the more number of likes is the more chances to bring traffic from Facebook. Now why people will create a mindset to like your Page ? Do you provide some gifts or prizes Well jokes apart, an user tends to like your page instantly if you’re able to attract him/her with an awesome welcome message.
Yes, A Welcome Tab is what you need for your Pages to get more number of likes as, ‘The first Impression is the Last Impression‘. In the previous years, Facebook was allowing the use of Static FBML which was a great App to put up your HTML content without showing any link for the App, but they announced on 11 Febuary, 2011 that you no longer will be able to use the Static FBML app, neither you can add it on your page. However those who have it on their page, will continuously be working.
So here’s an awesome alternative for that. iFrame Tabs allows you to create Welcome Tab for your page with a custom icon without showing any link to their site. So check out how you can create a welcome tab for facebook page of yours
1. First you have to create a New App. So visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click the Create New App button. Then type an App Name (This can be anything you want, the name you are going to call your tab would be a good choice), Create an App Namespace (Just write down your app name with underscores), Tick to agree to the Facebook Platform Policies and click Continue.
2. Click the edit icon link to upload the icon for your tab. Upload the image that you want to use as the icon for your welcome tab.
3. Scroll down and you’ll find a section named, “Select how your app integrates with Facebook”. You’ll find 6 Tabs there, namely Website, App on Facebook, Mobile Web, Native iOS App, Native Android App and Page Tab. Now click on App on Facebook and Page Tab and enter the following details.
P.s. Note your App ID at the top of the page. You need this App ID to create the URLs which you need to enter in the App on Facebook and Page Tab sections.
Canvas URL - Enter http://YourAppID.iframehost.com/
Secure Canvas URL - Enter https://YourAppID.iframehost.com/
Page Tab URL - Enter http://YourAppID.iframehost.com/tab
Secure Page Tab URL - Enter https://YourAppID.iframehost.com/tab
Page Tab Name - Enter whatever you want your tab name to be. For e.g. Cruze Tab
(Replace YourAppID with your App ID and Make sure your Tab URL’s end with /tab)
After you have entered all the above details into their respective sections, click on Save Changes.
4. Remember your App Secret Code as you need to enter it shortly Now enter the following URL in your browser to install your new Page Tab App :
(Replace YourAppID with your App ID)
Select the page on which you would like to install the tab.
5. You’ll get redirected to your page and will see the page tab installed at the left side of your page, below your profile picture. Visit the Tab and the first time you visit your page tab, you will be prompted to enter your App Secret into activate the tab. Now your memory power will be tested whether you still remembered your App Secret or not Well simply paste the code into the space and click on Save App Settings.
Wondering what’s that stuff, ‘I dislike this‘ right next to the Cruze Tab ? If you haven’t yet added a dislike button to your profile then read this -
6. After saving your App settings, refresh your page and it will ask you to Authorize the Tab Application. Click upon it and install your Tab completely to your Page.
7. It’s done. Now you design your Page Source with HTML or URL or with any Image so that your visitors get an eye attract to click on the Like Button. And don’t forget to make your Page Tab as the Default Landing Tab in your Page’s Settings. If you want to create a Page Tab with it’s default icon then click below.
Click an Icon below to install a tab with the following Icon:
Use your creative mind to design awesome welcome images that coincides with your profile picture. Check out our Fan Page’s Welcome Tab below. The more creative you be the more likes you will get. None of your visitor’s click will go waste.