5 Quick Tips to Use Applicant Tracking System for Recruitment
In this fiercely competitive market, you need to pick the best out of the available resources to ensure quality productivity. Manpower is among the most precious resources of any company. An organization with a vision of long term success and growth needs to focus on its human resources. It has to identify, recruit, train and hire the ideal employees who can help it achieve its objectives.
This sounds simple, but effective management of your recruitment needs and processes is not that easy in the face of a highly dynamic and ever-evolving job market. However, technology has offered help to the organizations in the form of a software application called Applicant Tracking System (ATS). The software automates and streamlines your company’s recruitment process; thereby, enhancing the quality of workforce hired, and increasing the overall productivity of the organization.
Functions Performed by Applicant Tracking System
The process of hiring an employee starts generally with receiving a resume, mostly as an email. ATS performs the functions of building candidate files from the received resumes, converting them into database records, and searching across the database for the best candidate for a given position whenever need arises. Over the years, applicant tracking software has evolved. From simply sorting, filtering, accessing and tracking the applicant and their profiles, the software has been developed for use in creating requisitions, job posting on job boards, screening the resumes to identify the potential candidates, and generating interview calls for them through emails.
Multilingual capability, creation of customized corporate career site, custom pre-screening questions and input forms, automated candidate and resume ranking, resume parsing, ad-hoc reporting, automated OFCCP/EEOC compliance, integrated background checks, etc. are the invaluable elements that have made applicant tracking system a must have for all companies; whether small, medium or large.
How does your company stand to gain through the use of ATS?
The applicant tracking software completely automates your company’s hiring process and makes it a lot faster and more efficient. The main benefits you get by using the system are:
- Keeping track of the applicants: Automated correspondence and communication with the applicants through ATS helps make sure that your company stays in touch with the eligible candidates.
- Integrating the online recruiting tools and employee information: Leveraging the company career sites, online job boards, and other recruitment tools, and centralized collection of comprehensive employee information helps you reach the professionals with the maximum potential.
- Strategic recruitment: The insights offered by ATS have made it a powerful tool for planning intelligent recruitment strategies.
- Evaluating the in-house talent pool: A good applicant tracking system helps you in successfully planning and screening all the employees in the company to pick up ideal candidates for promotions, moving to available positions, etc.
- Ensure compliance: Automated processes for ensuring compliance with all types of federal regulations, form filling, OFCCP etc. protects your company from penalties, lawsuit costs and other such undesirable expenses.
ATS is rapidly becoming an integral part of the HR department of every organization. It ensures greater productivity for the company through great savings on the costs and time involved in recruitment processes, and hiring of more efficient employees.